NirCmd is a Command line Utility you can call in .Bat & .Vbs files etc to execute a number of highly useful commands with the click of an Icon.
- Scroll to the bottom of their homepage & Download the either the x86 or x64 versions for your 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows
- Extract the Zip file
- Copy Nircmd.exe to C:\Windows, clicking yes to Elevated Prompts.
- You can also copy Nircmdc.exe to the same directory, for help trouble-shooting. That version sends any errors to your Console Window, instead of a pop-up window.
- You can now create any sort of commands, see Examples and Help on their Web Page
- You can use NirCmd similar to how you use ShellExecute, to create buttons that perform useful functions in your Start Menu or QuickLaunch
- You can also wrap the Commands in Batch Files
- Just open a new Text File and type nircmd or nicmd.exe followed by your command, from the list on the site, followed by any parameters you’re using
- Save it with a “.bat” extension to a secure location on your computer
- Create a Shortcut to it
- Change the Icon of the Shortcut to something applicable & slick
- Move your Shortcut to where you want to launch the function from
NirSoft makes a lot of other very powerful, very trusted tools, check them out