A long time ago, WordPress had built-in support for displaying PPTs. Now, WordPress won’t show them anymore, and just shows a link, unless you upgrade to a WordPress Business Account, where you can use Powrpoint Plug-ins.
Even going to the Microsoft View Documents Online Website and embedding it into the “< iframe src=” HTML Code with tags doesn’t work anymore
Obviously you could just put your PPT on Youtube as a video file, but video files of Powerpoint Presentations are useless, as you’re meant to be talking during the presentation, and each point on the slide takes a different amount of talk time, so video Slideshows are completely useless, unless you’re just doing photos for friends or something.
Luckily, you can still do it through Google, and its still clickable and has navigation controls, etc:
- Upload your PPT to your Google Drive
- Right-Click PPT > Open With… > Google Slides
- Go to Menu Bar > File > Publish to the web…
- Click the ‘Embed’ tab
- Click ‘Publish’
- Copy the Embed URL
- Paste the Embed URL right in your Visual Editor, which is a nice feature of WordPress, only it won’t just appear automatically, you’ll just see the embed code
- Your Slideshow will appear only after you click on ‘Preview’ or ‘Publish’
Here’s an Example: