Adding & Deleting Furniture or Textures in SH3D can be tedious sometimes.Here is how to extract and edit and bundle and create your own. I’ve found in mine that sometimes libraries don’t import the program either, and I’m not sure if that’s just because the library is too large or what, so here is a workaround for that as well.
- First, go to the Plugins page Here and Download ExportToSH3F-1.0.sh3p
- Double-click on the File > Open With > Choose Program > Always use this program for this file type> Browse to your SH3D program’s exe > Open
- Restart SH3D
- Go to Menu > Furniture > Export Imported Furniture to *.SH3F…
- Save to a location near/in your SH3D program
- Change the Extension from *.sh3f to *.zip
- Extract it to a new folder
- Save & Delete all the ones you want, or organize them however you’d like, but separate the ones you want to keep.
- Repeat with *sh3d libraries, etc
- Add any other *.obj files you have/need, with their relevant *.mtl and/or *.png files etc to the same folder.
- Go to the same Plugins page Here and download the FurnitureLibraryEditor-1.25.jar and/or TexturesLibraryEditor-1.6.jar and run whichever one you are doing, Furniture or Textures (requires Java, or Portable JRE)
- Create a new Library in the FLE or TLE, and Import all of the files you gathered together
- Select Categories for them all (It’s better if all your 3D Object Files are already sorted by Categories in subfolders, then you can create one smaller *.sh3f for each category, allowing you to add the same category name to the entire group at once in the FLE, which doesn’t seem to handle very large amounts of files very well anyway)
- Then export to a new *.sh3f file (for furniture) or *sh3t file (for textures)
- Open SH3D’s folder (as opposed to using the import button in the program) and browse to data/textures/ (for textures) or /data/furniture/ (for furniture). The folder is in the same directory as the program, if using the Portable Version, otherwise it’s found in %appdata%
- Drag your new *.sh3f or *sh3t to the corresponding folder
- Restart SH3D